Original 1 Month Contract extended for 3.5 years on 18 separate projects. Highlights are listed.
In all of the following projects I was responsible for the full life cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation, Deployment and Training). I did all of the development work for the GUIs, services and databases. The technologies used include: Visual Basic, Business Objects, Windows API, ASP, IIS, MAPI, SMTP, SQL Server, VBA, Excel, Word, NT Service, SMTP, XML, XSLT and HyperAccess Scripting.
1) Compliance Audit Package System – A Process Management System that helps the Compliance group manage the analysis, data correction, reporting, packaging and delivery of period audit reports. These packages contain from 20 to 30 reports depending on the client. The application extracts data from a Unix based system into a SQL Server datamart. The UI manages the steps in the process with drill down analysis tools, PDF report creation, analyst assignments, reviews, Excel management reports and delivery to a processing center, web or e-mail. The application runs as a Windows UI, with NT services that run as processing managers for extractions, calculations, Business Objects report creation and package delivery.
2) Universal Document Service – A Web Service that manages the reception, storage and delivery of client documents and their associated indexes to multiple Web applications. The web service uses IIS, ASP, VB COM, XML, XSLT and SQL Server. Two Windows UIs help manage documents and the XSL templates. COM objects that encapsulate the XML communications are used by Windows applications that send documents to the service.
3) XP/AD/Office 2003 Migration Team Leader – Lead a group of 5 technicians, plus various temporary resources to migrate 500+ clients from Windows NT /Office 2000 to Windows XP, Active Directory, Office 2003 and SMS. This included testing and user acceptance of 170+ applications, account migrations, installation scripting, PC certifications, training and deployment across 3 sites.
4) Bank Transfer – Manages the transmission and reception of Checking Account Issuance, Clearance and ACH records between the client and several financial institutions via dial-up, FTP or HTML. The application runs as a Windows Service with a Windows UI to manage the accounts and connection information stored in a SQL Server.
5) Batch Ticket Manager – Coordinates account information between recordkeeping and the Compliance group. The application runs as one standalone Windows UI and a secondary component embedded in a console application with data stored in a SQL Server.
6) Conversion Manager – Manages the process of adding new accounts. The application runs as a Windows UI using data in a SQL Server.
7) Hierarchy Code – Creates and maintains end user hierarchy security codes. The application runs as a Web UI using IIS and ASP in the middle tier and SQL Server on the backend.